On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 11:11 AM Paul Eggert wrote: > That's true. However, these are only guidelines, and it's not a huge > tragedy if > the guidelines are occasionally violated. > > > Perhaps there should be a function in Emacs that does this, and some > > VC commands could call it. > > That would be nice. However, some developers don't use Emacs VC to check > in (I > typically use vc-dwim instead), and so it's good to have Git check things > as well. > +1. I don't use Emacs VC and I actually like the checks make is doing at the moment. -- Kaushal Modi