On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 1:05 PM Paul Eggert wrote: > On 1/23/19 9:37 AM, Kaushal Modi wrote: > > I ran: > > > > strace -o /tmp/par.tr par, and > > strace -o /tmp/emacs.tr emacs -Q > > > > Looking at the .tr files, they could possibly contain work sensitive > > data. So I am not sure if I should share those files publicly. > > We care about the I/O requests involving the text you're reformatting, > so I suggest running 'par' on some innocuous text and just looking at > the associated syscalls (assuming you can reproduce the problem). > > Also, please try running the shell command 'fmt' on the same text, to > see if that can reproduce the problem. If it doesn't reproduce the > problem, see how fmt's system calls differ from par's. I mention 'fmt' > because it's similar to 'par' and I can easily run 'fmt' here. > Hi Paul, Thanks for your time. I hate it when this happens. This issue got automagically "solved". I cannot recreate this issue any more. All I did was rebuild Emacs to the latest master. [ As I did not understand the root cause of this issue, I am certain that this will repeat at some point. ] Kaushal