On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 10:41 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > I'd like to encourage people who build Emacs on GNU/Linux to checkout > and build this branch and report any problems you see. Please report > these problems using "M-x report-emacs-bug RET", and please CC on the > reports Mohammad Nasirifar , one of the > Harfbuzz developers who volunteered to help us with this integration. > (You will, of course, need to install or build Harfbuzz on your > system, before building this branch.) > I do have harfbuzz 1.0.3 installed on my system (RHEL 6.8). How do I build with harfbuzz? Would I need to pass some switch to configure to enable that? Using my regular build script, I get this in the configure step: Does Emacs use -lxml2? yes Does Emacs use -lfreetype? yes Does Emacs use HarfBuzz? no <------------- Does Emacs use -lm17n-flt? yes Does Emacs use -lotf? yes Does Emacs use -lxft? yes