On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 2:06 PM Paul Eggert wrote: > The .elc files were not the same. However, I think that was a blind > alley, as .elc differences can be benign. The diagnostic was output only > when (format FOO) was called with a long FOO (greater than 235 chars, > roughly) without any % directives in it, and where the (format FOO) call > was either directly from bytecode or indirectly via channels that never > used unbind_to. The Makefile approach didn't byte-compile one of the > files that the package.el approach compiled, and I suspect that the > different path to (lv-message "long format with no % directives") > explained why I didn't reproduce the bug at first. > Thanks. That explains why the hydra needed to have that many elements.. to create the long lv-message. But does it also explain this observation from my earlier email: > I do not get this error if I remove the head with "" binding: ("" (message "Pressed super space") "Super Space") BTW I confirm the fix. Thanks! -- Kaushal Modi