Hello all, I am trying to understand why a reply to a debbugs that I initiated didn't reach my email inbox. I could see that reply only on the debbugs list. On Wed, Oct 4, 2017, 4:13 AM Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote: > > () Kaushal Modi > () Tue, 03 Oct 2017 21:42:59 +0000 > > I just noticed your reply here[1], but I never > got that email in my inbox. > > Probably because i dropped all but the debbugs addr in the reply > and set headers Mail-Followup-To and Reply-To to point there as > well. Is that a problem? That seems to have caused the problem. I don't use Gnus, and I don't know how common that practice is. So I am opening this up to a bigger audience on emacs-devel where more folks can share how they reply to debbugs using Gnus. Is there a reason to drop all the CC emails? I know that if you do that on debbugs, only the original author will get the reply. The "CC'd" folks don't get auto-subscribed to that list. So it would be a disservice to the people dropped off the conversation. But I was surprised that even I, the author of that debbugs, didn't get that reply.. probably because of the "set headers Mail-Followup-To and Reply-To" piece? It's either that this problem happened the first time, or it's the first time of me catching it :) (Is there a more idiomatic approach?) > I use a regular email client and just do Reply All. I believe that's playing well with Gnus users too. (In contrast, in this reply, i include you explicitly in To.) > Yes, I got this reply in my inbox. Thanks. > -- Kaushal Modi