On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 11:00 AM Simon Friis Vindum wrote: > This is my first patch to Emacs. I have not signed the papers > assigning copyright to FSF. I would like to do so but I cannot figure > out how to. > I haven't got a chance to look at your patch. But can share my experience about copyright assignment :) Here are the steps I took and the process was smooth: - Email FSF at assign@gnu.org requesting to initiate the copyright assignment process. - They will send you a 4 or 5 question questionnaire by email. - You reply that via email. - Then you get a format of disclosure that needs to be signed by your school or employer. - I did not face any problem there, the employer sent me the signed letter in pdf form in 2 days. - I was supposed to snail mail the physical signed copy to FSF but I didn't have one and they were fine with the scanned signed letter pdf I emailed them. I believe that is fine in US. But the person responding to you from assign@gnu.org will guide you correctly. - Done! It took a couple of days, but it was all email transactions for me. -- -- Kaushal Modi