Sorry, yes, I meant function*s*. Yes, evaluating that updates the custom.el fine. I will edebug (probably later) to see why that is not getting executed from within `package-install`. On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:05 PM Artur Malabarba wrote: > > I edited package.el as per the diff of that commit and eval'd the > changed function. > > You mean "functions", plural, right? There are two changed functions > in that commit. > > Here's something to try. After you verify that the value of the var > was updated but wasn't saved to custom.el, what happens if you > evaluate the following? > > (package--save-selected-packages package-selected-packages) > > Does the value then get saved properly? >