On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 4:06 PM Kaushal Modi wrote: > > I do not understand overlays very well, but it looks like verilog-mode or > some minor mode created 5 overlays over the same region, and they did not > get removed even when those modes were disabled. > Some more info.. with each revert-buffer call, that overlay is replicating over the same region.. I reverted the buffer 4-5 times and now in the C-u C-x = generated Help buffer, I see.. From 1466 to 1482 end-closed t evaporate t local-map [Show] mouse-face highlight start-closed t verilog-include-file t From 1466 to 1482 end-closed t evaporate t local-map [Show] mouse-face highlight start-closed t verilog-include-file t ... (and so on 27 times!) -- Kaushal Modi