Hello all, I will try to summarise the situation, and I am attaching my updated solution proposal for this particular bug: 1. MSYS2 uname must be handled properly, and that is fixed in the new proposed patch. I disagree with not renaming opsys from mingw32 to mingw, since mingw32 string is used in other places in the same file and it means something else there, which I find possibly confusing. But this change is not in my new patch. 2. -mtune is back to what it was with a minimal change required for MSYS2+MinGW-w64 uname handling. 3. Include path for xpm in MSYS2+MinGW-w64 is handled in the same way as in Cygwin. Perhaps, the same type of comment as was added for Cygwin should be added for MSYS2+MinGW-w64. 4. A loop is added in the recipe for emacs.exe to handle bootstrap-emacs.exe busy problem. Best regards, Karol On 22 August 2014 15:33, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:04:35 -0400 >> From: Ken Brown >> CC: karol.ostrovsky@gmail.com, chriszheng99@gmail.com, 18302@debbugs.gnu.org >> >> On 8/22/2014 2:10 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> > Thanks, but why not on the release branch? A comment cannot possibly >> > do any harm. >> >> Done, as revision 117454. > > Thank you.