I pushed a new version of the patch to my git repo. Thanks, Nico El dom., 24 may. 2020 a las 16:14, Andrea Corallo () escribió: > Nicolas Bértolo writes: > > >> The problem is that GC is called (especially by default) *very* > >> frequently, bounding GC performance to filesystem accesses is > > really not > >> a good idea IMO because we have no control over this last. > >> > >> You could not see a difference here because: > >> > >> - spaceemacs GC settings runs it way less often coming with a > > bigger > >> gc-cons-threshold by default > >> > >> - GC euristincs being GC slow decides to give-up a little and > > accept > >> running less often leading to more fragmentation > >> > >> - filesystem is blazingly fast > >> > >> - you haven't measured ;) > > > > Actually unloading a native compilation unit is such an unfrequent > > operation > > that all that finish_delayed_disposal_of_comp_units() does is compare > > a pointer > > to NULL. It will not slowdown the GC at all. > > > > Anyway, I could change this to run on an idle timer or just handle it > > when Emacs > > closes. Which do you prefer? > > What you say is correct, collecting a compilation unit is very > infrequent now. But code could decide to native compile functions each > time a performance critical operation has to be done, real world code > does that already relying on the byte-compiler. > > I think to start with doing the clean-up when Emacs is closing is > sufficient, we can always add the timer in case we feel the need. > > Thanks > > Andrea > > -- > akrl@sdf.org >