all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Samuel El-Borai <samuel.elborai@gmail.com>
To: Feng Shu <tumashu@gmail.com>
Cc: Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Emacs as WM
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 10:19:53 +0200	[thread overview]

Other projects of the same kind:

Guile-WM (Guile scheme)
-------------------------------------
From the README:
    "Guile-WM is a framework for creating an X window manager (or any other
application, really) and a set of useful modules designed for that purpose.

[...]

    Guile-WM relies /heavily/ on its user init file. In fact, it won't
do anything on

    its own without one. The intention is to provide something 100%

    configurable."

Link: https://github.com/mwitmer/guile-wm

# The Deep Space Window Manager (Common Lisp)

From the README:
    "DSWM is a fork of StumpWM, so have most of all features, which have
StumpWM, but it designed for better usability and better integration with
emacs."

Link: https://github.com/dss-project/dswm

You can also read a discussion about those here:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8160968