2017-01-21 19:25 GMT+01:00 Eli Zaretskii : > > From: Fabrice Popineau > > Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 20:51:47 +0100 > > Cc: Óscar Fuentes , > > Emacs developers > > > > AFAIR, the problem with Imagemagick support on Windows is that it can > > only be supported when linked in statically, > > > > I don't think so. The patch I posted recently shows that emacs can be > compiled > > with ImageMagick exactly the same way it is compiled with other dlls. > > Can be built before the patch or after the patch? After the patch. > And after it is > built, will it run on a system where ImageMagick is not installed at > all? > My point is : ImageMagick is made available by dynamically loading 2 dlls. If they are not installed, then the feature is disabled (as far as I remember). What happens if the jpeg or xpm or png dlls are not found ? > > You see, w32-win.el doesn't have ImageMagick-related DLL names in its > value of dynamic-library-alist, and without that Emacs won't know > which libraries to look for when ImageMagick support is requested. > > It is easy enough to add them and if the patch I posted didn't address this issue, this is my mistake. Because it is certainly needed. Fabrice