all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* better .dir-locals
@ 2013-05-17  7:53 andrea crotti
From: andrea crotti @ 2013-05-17  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm trying to find a better way to define variables that are specific to
certain projects.

At the moment I'm using .dir-locals, but the problem with that is that
I didn't find a way to extend other .dir-locals, so each of them down
the tree should contain everything.

1. is there a way to extend another one explicitly
2. any other suggested way to accomplish similar things?

For example I would like to set some variables depending on the path,
it could be something like:

/path/to/proj: (variable some-value)

And so on, any advices?

* Re: better .dir-locals
@ 2013-05-17 17:02 ` Pierre Lorenzon
From: Pierre Lorenzon @ 2013-05-17 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrea.crotti.0; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

From: andrea crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com>
Subject: better .dir-locals
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 09:53:48 +0200

> I'm trying to find a better way to define variables that are specific to
> certain projects.
>
> At the moment I'm using .dir-locals, but the problem with that is that
> I didn't find a way to extend other .dir-locals, so each of them down
> the tree should contain everything.
>
> 1. is there a way to extend another one explicitly
> 2. any other suggested way to accomplish similar things?

    ede could probably be an idea. But ede version currently
  embedded in emacs is perhaps not fully functional and the
  last devlopment version in cedet is probably better.

  Pierre