Here's a changed patch. The first line is the first line of the changelog entry without "simple.el"; it doesn't fit. I'm in favor of changing M-u, M-l, and M-c to the new commands; I think it's much improved behavior. The only time a user would have to do more work to perform a capitalization action is if they've selected a region, but want to act only on the next word. I would bet that's rare, and even so, the user only has to press C-g before the capitalization. So if we're ok changing default commands, I think changing M-u, M-l, and M-c is a win. On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > I'm submitting some additional -dwim functions to that change the > > capitalization of text the way the user probably wants. > > Looks OK to me. > > > Changelog entry: > > * simple.el: Add functions for capitalizing text intelligently. > > (capitalize-dwim): New function. > > (upcase-dwim): New function. > > (downcase-dwim): New function. > > Thanks. Please add that to the commit message. More specifically, use > the first line above as the first line of the commit message, and add > > (capitalize-dwim, upcase-dwim, downcase-dwim): New functions. > > at the end. > > I'm tempted to bind M-u, M-l, and M-c to those new commands. > > WDYT? > > > Stefan >