On 7 October 2016 at 04:08, Tino Calancha wrote: > > Maybe you could also replace any mention of prog2 as a special form, > again without being exhaustive, for instance, > unsafep.el. OK, here's an updated patch. I've removed the usage of backquote as suggested, and updated unsafep.el, bytecomp.el and cl-macs.el. I've grepped through Emacs for other references to prog2, I think I've covered everything. > This change will cause increased inconvenience in the Lisp debugger > for interpreted code. I don't see how: I've added a debug declaration so you can step through with edebug as normal. It's no different from `when' in this respect. Wilfred