all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Horizontal scroll bars
@ 2017-01-03 16:01 Tom Browder
From: Tom Browder @ 2017-01-03 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I want horizontal scroll bars on my Debian 8 emacs (loaded as a deb
package). I tried this in my init.el file:

;;============
(load "scroll-bar")
(add-to-list 'initial-frame-alist
    '(horizontal-scroll-bars . t)
    )
;;============

and get nothing.

I've tried:

M-x horizontal-scroll-bars-available-p

and get no [no-match]

Do I have to build emacs from source to get it?

Thanks.

Best regards,

-Tom

* Re: Horizontal scroll bars
@ 2017-01-03 21:11 martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2017-01-03 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tom.browder, help-gnu-emacs

 > --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x-toolkit=lucid

 From NEWS:

*** Emacs can now draw horizontal scroll bars on some platforms that
provide toolkit scroll bars, namely Gtk+, Lucid, Motif and Windows.

So you have to build with toolkit scroll bars.

martin

[parent not found: <mailman.6323.1252513755.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* Horizontal Scroll bars
@ 2009-09-09 15:54 Fabrizio Sidoli
From: Fabrizio Sidoli @ 2009-09-09 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I do hope someone can help me. I was wondering if it was possible to add a
horizontal scroll bar to my emacs window? There does not appear to be an
obvious option that I can see. I know Xemacs has this functionality. Is
there a way to do this in emacs also?

Regards,

Fabrizio