Thanks for many solutions. I appreciate it! soichi 2011/10/29 Drew Adams > > I would like to delete files in a directory. > > When doing so with Linux command, we usually do, rm * > > at that directory. > > the wildcard command does not seem work similarly in Emacs Lisp. > > (delete-file (subseq (file-expand-wildcards "~/Desktop/*") -1)) > > doesn't work. Could anyone help me out? > > Others have provided some solutions. To do it interactively, Dired is your > friend, as Jambunathan suggested. > > Another interactive solution is `icicle-delete-file'. It's a multi-command > version of `delete-file', which means that you can act on (delete, in this > case) > any number of files and directories with the same command invocation. > > For your example, just do this: M-x icicle-delete-file TAB C-! > > You can type a pattern to match, before hitting TAB (or S-TAB, if the > pattern is > a regexp). The key `C-!' means act on *all* matching candidates. > Whatever file > names currently match your minibuffer input (they are shown in > *Completions*), > those files are deleted. Or use `C-mouse-2' or `C-RET' to act on only one > candidate at a time. > > Change your input (pattern) to act on different files. You can also > change to > another directory, using `C-c C-d'. All during the same command > invocation. > Use C-g to end the command (or RET to act on one final candidate). > > http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Icicles_-_Multi-Commands#toc3 > >