all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
@ 2012-01-05  5:16 ishi soichi
From: ishi soichi @ 2012-01-05  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have never used hash-table of Emacs Lisp but I believe it's useful as a
database.

Say, I have a hundred key-value pairs, which are to be stored as
hash-table.
Can I save this as a (text?) file so that Emacs can load it when booting up?

I am a little confused because if I use (cons key value), it outputs "(key
. value)" which can be written in a regular file.
If I wish to find the value from a key, all I need to do is to simply
search through the file.

Do you think I can save the database using hash-table like this?

soichi