Ahh, great thanks! that works for me. It still seems to me that the default behavior should respect password prompts, but I can easily just add this to my init.el :) On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Glenn Morris wrote: > Glenn Morris wrote: > > > emacs -Q --eval "(add-hook 'inferior-python-mode-hook (lambda () (push > > 'comint-watch-for-password-prompt comint-output-filter-functions)))" > > -f run-python > > Sorry, add-hook would be better than push. > > > I have no idea whether your usage is common enough that this should be > the > > default. > > I see comint-watch-for-password-prompt was taken out a few years ago > (a6dc66a), > for performance reasons, https://debbugs.gnu.org/16875 . Though from the > numbers quoted there, it doesn't look like it was causing any problem. > -- Diego Fernandez - 爱国 Senior Software Engineer CEE Analytics (& Diagnostics) IRC: aiguofer on #gss, #customer-platform, #cee, or #wabash *Please make your CEE Analytics requests here !*