I reread your reply; it seems that I misunderstood you. However, I think we have two possibilties: either the ps file is produced in reverse character order or the gs program renders it this way. On Oct 18, 2016 6:13 PM, "Waleed Yousef" wrote: > > Sorry I did not say that; I just said when I write in libreoffice, I can > print well. > > When I write Arabic in emacs, the buffer looks great. However, when I > spool to ps and open this ps using Ghostscript the letters are > reversed. Another clue is this: when I run ps2pdf to the ps file it > fails converting. > > > > Eli Zaretskii writes: > > >> From: Waleed Yousef > >> Cc: 24724@debbugs.gnu.org > >> Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 17:17:04 +0000 > >> > >> I just want to be able to print Arabic buffers to pdf or to printer. I > >> searched alot and then found the .emacs snippet that I included in my > >> email. If there is another easier way that will be great. > > > > So you are saying that djvmono.bdf font (or maybe BDF fonts in > > general) make the bidirectional text look in the correct order, while > > other fonts don't? My guess would be that Ghostscript is reordering > > the text, I see a bidi module in its sources. So I think the key to > > this puzzle is to use Ghostscript. >