On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > There is such a rule: the definition of lua-syntax-propertize begins by > calling lua-syntax-propertize-string-or-comment-end which: > > and then in lua-syntax-propertize-string-or-comment I'd use syntax-ppss > to check the parser state (i.e. determine if I'm in a type-b comment or > delimited-string corresponding to a long-bracket construct as opposed to > some type-a comment or standard string, or plain old code), and if I'm > in one of those long-bracket-constructs, use (nth 8 ppss) to find the > beginning, count the number of = used there, then search for the > matching ]==] pattern and place the matching "> b" or "|" syntax on the > second closing bracket. > > so while the second call is for "end1+1 ... end2", your code will go > back to the beginning of the long bracket to figure out its end and then > look for that end again (which might show up before end2 this time, tho > maybe not). > > Oh, my bad. Thanks a lot for your help! > -- Cheers, immerrr