The attached patch adds an emacsclient.desktop launcher with StartWMClass=Emacsclient and also makes systemd start the daemon with name emacsclient. This is intended to fix a number of shortcomings in emacs xdg/systemd integration: 1. There is no emacsclient desktop launcher. 2. emacsclient run with the same class/name hints than emacs, so: 2.1 It's not possible to add it to dock/dash/panel favorites since desktops identify the launcher for a window using its hints. So you always get an emacs launcher instead of the emacsclient one. 2.2 Even if manually added to dock/dash/panel, launched frames will not group under this icon but under the one where standalone emacs instances group. The only drawback I can think of is that X resources not specified by class (Emacs) but by name (emacs vs. emacsclient) will fail to apply. But I don't think this is usual practice. Note that even if xprop reports Emacsclient as the class hint, resource resolution always uses Emacs, so we're ok with that. Best regards -- Carlos