Dear List members, running a xelatex file with emacs, I encounter the following problem, this is the content of the message buffer. Style hooks... Loading c:/emacs/emacs-23.3/site-lisp/auctex/style/csquotes.elc...done Loading c:/emacs/emacs-23.3/site-lisp/auctex/style/graphicx.elc...done Applying style hooks... done Sorting environment... Removing duplicates... done Tex-Source-Correlate mode enabled apply: Symbol's function definition is void: mapcar* [2 times] byte-code: Beginning of buffer [2 times] Mark set I am not able to find consistent information online about the problem itself, and I do not understand the problem in itself. I believe that the problem should be in my.emacs and not in Latex, as I am able to compile and view the file with other LaTeX editors. About emacs, this is the version : GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601), and I attach to this email my .emacs file, if it can help. Thanks in advance for the help, Roberto Gozzoli