I will bring it up with auctex! Thanks. Le lun. 12 févr. 2024, 18:42, Philip Kaludercic a écrit : > Eli Zaretskii writes: > > >> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 12:10:13 -0500 > >> From: Allen Juntao Fang > >> > >> M-x on start up triggers the "Symbol's chain of function indirections > >> contains a loop: ConTeXt mode". When I load my init.el from emacs-q, the > >> error does not occur. This appeared after updating auctex recently, > >> although I'm not sure where the error could come from given that it does > >> not appear in emacs -q > > > > Thank you for your report. > > > > Since the problem doesn't happen in "emacs -q", we ask you to provide > > a recipe, starting from "emacs -q" and loading the minimum set of > > optional features, which we could use to reproduce the problem and > > investigate it. In particular, it sounds like you are using something > > called "ConTeXt mode", which AFAIK is not part of Emacs -- the recipe > > we ask you to post should include whatever is needed to activate that > > mode, which seems to be part of the issue. > > Allen mentioned "auctex", which is where the mode is defined. As such, > it might be more appropriate to report the bug to bug-auctex@gnu.org. >