all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ledger and org-mode
@ 2018-07-06 12:07 Baldero Mendoza
From: Baldero Mendoza @ 2018-07-06 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have noticed that Emacs 25 no longer includes help ( using "C-h-i") for
"ledger" or "org-mode". Am I wrong in this, or was there a reorganization
that filed that stuff somewhere else, or what?

* Re: ledger and org-mode
@ 2018-07-06 14:09 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2018-07-06 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Baldero Mendoza <bzy711@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 08:07:40 -0400
>
> I have noticed that Emacs 25 no longer includes help ( using "C-h-i") for
> "ledger" or "org-mode".

I do see "Org mode' in the top level Info menu.

As for "ledger", what is that?

* Re: ledger and org-mode
@ 2018-07-06 18:53   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2018-07-06 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> As for "ledger", what is that?

Command line accounting tool by John Wiegley:

  https://www.ledger-cli.org/index.html

The only connection with emacs is that there is a ledger-mode:

  https://github.com/ledger/ledger-mode

and the documentation (of both ledger and ledger-mode) is available as
texi files, so it can be browsed with info (but of course, the user has
to add it: it was never distributed with emacs afaik).

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler

* Re: ledger and org-mode
@ 2018-07-07  7:07     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2018-07-07  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 14:53:28 -0400
>
> > As for "ledger", what is that?
>
> Command line accounting tool by John Wiegley:
>
>   https://www.ledger-cli.org/index.html
>
> The only connection with emacs is that there is a ledger-mode:
>
>   https://github.com/ledger/ledger-mode

Thanks.  But then its documentation never was part of the Emacs
distribution, so I'm not sure why the OP thought there was some change
in Emacs in this area.  The documentation of Org was and is part of
the distribution, as I wrote.