Hi, thanks for taking a look. Apologies, you're right. I've attached an updated patch, the problem before was that it was possible for a timer to be cancelled when there still existed proced buffers, which broke proced-toggle-auto-update. To reproduce, apply the patch and then type > > M-x proced-toggle-auto-update RET > > The result is that the Proced display is not updated every 5 sec as > expected, and the value of proced-auto-update-timer is nil. > I've tested this with the new patch, and it works for me. Thanks, Laurence