Hi, This patch fixes a minor issue with proced buffers. Previously, the window position would be set to the start of the buffer when a proced buffer was updated and it was not displayed in the selected window. To reproduce: (require 'proced) (setq-default proceed-auto-update-flag t) (M-x proced) Move down to the next process, then change to a different window, and wait a bit. You should see the point in the proced buffer move back to the beginning of the buffer. A similar issue occurs when the proced buffer is not displayed in any window. This patch addresses this by setting the window point (if applicable) whenever a proced buffer is updated, and the second issue by not updating a proced buffer if it is not displayed in any window. I tried to add a test for this, but for example this: (ert-deftest proced-update-preserves-point-test () (proced--within-buffer 'medium 'user (proced--move-to-column "PID") (let ((point (window-point)) (window (split-window))) (select-window window) (bury-buffer) (with-current-buffer "*Proced*" (proced-update t t)) (switch-to-buffer "*Proced*") (should (= point (window-point)))))) passes even without this patch (though if I step through it with edebug-defun it fails as expected). Thanks, Laurence