Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Stefan Kangas >> Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 00:44:01 -0700 >> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org >> >> FWIW, coreutils don't have people ask on the mailing list about this, >> they just have this note in their HACKING file: >> >> The forms to choose from are in gnulib's doc/Copyright/ directory. >> If you want to assign a single change, you should use the file, >> doc/Copyright/request-assign.changes: >> >> https://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/Copyright/request-assign.changes >> >> If you would like to assign past and future contributions to a project, >> you'd use doc/Copyright/request-assign.future: >> >> https://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/Copyright/request-assign.future >> >> I think doing the same would save us some work and help cut down on the >> noise on these lists. > > I'm not objected to having a copy of the assignment request in our > repository, but: I'm coming back to this a year later, but does the below patch look okay? Note that the new etc/copyright-assign.txt file is simply an exact copy of request-assign.future from Gnulib.