Eli Zaretskii writes: > > +(define-obsolete-variable-alias 'bookmark-annotation-name > > + 'bookmark-annotation--name "27.1") > > Hmm... we declare a non-internal variable obsolete and replace it with > an internal variable? Why is that a good idea? Does the new variable > have to be internal? I thought about it a bit more, and I guess it doesn't have to be internal. I suggest that the new variable should be kept internal for now though. I also don't know why I named the new variable bookmark-annotation--name, so I've changed that to bookmark--annotation-name to better reflect current practices. Please see this updated patch with those two changes. Thanks, Stefan Kangas