tags 59199 + patch thanks Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Rafael Beirigo >> Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 15:29:05 -0300 >> >> >> This is about the Elisp Manual. I am not sure this is the right way to >> report it. >> >> On Elisp Manual for Emacs 28.2, last paragraph of `1. Introduction` >> reads: >> >> This is edition [No value for “VERSION”] of the GNU Emacs Lisp >> Reference Manual, corresponding to Emacs version 28.2. > > Is this the PDF format or some other format? > > Stefan, did you set VERSION when generating the manuals? No, I followed the instructions in make-tarball.txt, more specifically the ones starting with this line: Next, regenerate the various manuals in HTML, PDF, and PS formats: AFAIU, from the comment in elisp.texi, VERSION "relates mainly to the published book sold by the FSF". It also doesn't seem to make sense to be talking about the "edition" of a PDF file distributed on our website (as compared to the printed book). I believe we could fix this in intro.texi in the same way as we do in elisp.texi. See the attached patch. WDYT?