So there is this nifty variable called `baud-rate'. It can be used to enable some special display hacks if you are on a connection slower than 2400 baud. It enables you, I guess, to run Emacs 27.1 on that spanking new 1987 modem that you have just been dying to get your hands on. Yet there has been a marked lack of interest in it. :-( I wasn't able to find any discussion about it on emacs-devel since 2005, except for an honorable mention when Alan Mackenzie said in 2015 that the parts in isearch.el that use it are "probably obsolete". More seriously, is `baud-rate' still relevant in the next decade? Should we make it obsolete in Emacs 28.1? PS. To stir up some additional feelings, I've attached a patch that would remove the "probably obsolete" parts from isearch.el.