Severity: wishlist I think the "Author" header line in package.el does not accurately reflect the contributions to that file. In particular, I think Tom Tromey should be listed as the sole author of package.el, in line with our practices and to recognize his contribution. Please see the attached patch and compare it the output of the following command: $ git shortlog -sn -- lisp/emacs-lisp/package.el | cat -n 1 132 Artur Malabarba 2 54 Glenn Morris 3 52 Stefan Monnier 4 46 Chong Yidong 5 40 Paul Eggert 6 23 Stefan Kangas 7 16 Dmitry Gutov 8 11 Lars Ingebrigtsen 9 8 Daiki Ueno 10 8 Juanma Barranquero 11 7 Eli Zaretskii 12 7 Sam Steingold 13 5 Noam Postavsky 14 5 Ted Zlatanov 15 4 John Wiegley 16 4 Pieter van Oostrum 17 3 Basil L. Contovounesios 18 3 Bastien Guerry 19 3 Nicolas Richard 20 3 Phil Hagelberg 21 3 Thien-Thi Nguyen 22 3 Thierry Volpiatto 23 3 Thomas Fitzsimmons 24 2 Chunyang Xu 25 2 Daniel Hackney Any objections?