Lars Ingebrigtsen writes: >> FWIW, I think the opposite. I think that zooming text, images and all >> buffer content together should be the default. I believe that it >> would feel both natural and familiar, especially to new users, since >> that's how e.g. web browsers, LibreOffice and evince, etc. works. > > That's true. I guess the scroll button could change both > image-scaling-factor and text-scale-mode-amount... Perhaps we should open a separate issue for that? > But, on the other hand, I could definitely see people preferring to > change just one or the other. So perhaps there should be separate > commands that people can bind according to their preference? 100 % agree. >> (That also reminds me that, IMO, text-scale-increase/decrease should >> be renamed to font-size-increase/decrease. The current names are not >> very discoverable; when one wants to change the font size, and says: >> `M-x font TAB'. At the very least, we should have such defaliases.) > > Makes sense to me. How does the attached patch look? I took the minimal route of just adding convenience aliases. Best regards, Stefan Kangas