Juri Linkov writes: > >> Another variant is to add special symbols to > >> the existing customization, e.g.: > >> > >> '(5 ((shift) . 1) ((control) . text-scale) ((meta) . nil)) > >> > >> or even support text-scale step number if needed: > >> > >> '(5 ((shift) . 1) ((control) . (text-scale . 1)) ((meta) . nil)) > > > > I like your idea that this would all be defined in one place. > > > > One nit is that the variable name there is mouse-wheel-scroll-amount, > > and I'm not sure this is the best name for functionality to change the > > font size. If we go ahead with that, perhaps it should be renamed to > > something like mouse-wheel-scroll-modifiers? > > It looks like mouse-wheel-scroll-amount still makes some sense > as using wheel-scrolling to change the amount of font pixels. > Generally it's better to refrain from renaming old customisable > variables when possible. I've attached a tentative patch along those lines. WDYT? I'm not sure exactly how to reformulate the doc string for mouse-wheel-scroll-amount to fit the new behaviour. I'll have to think about it a bit more. Do let me know if you have any ideas. Best regards, Stefan Kangas