all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#20393: cannot compile when one folder has spaces
@ 2015-04-21  2:49 Christian
From: Christian @ 2015-04-21  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 20393

emacs, ada-mode

Hi, I found a problem when trying to compile using a project (gpj) file. Is
easy to solve.

The problem is that if you're at a directory with spaces, gnatmake will
recieve two parameters instead of one.

The solution is easy: The variable ada-build-make-cmd needs double quotes
between the "{gpr_file}" substring:
"${cross_prefix}gnatmake -P\"${gpr_file}\" -o ${main} ${main} ${gnatmake_opt} -
cargs -I${src_dir} ${comp_opt} -bargs ${bind_opt} -largs ${link_opt}"

After setting that, you should restart Emacs.

Could you add this string as a default value?

Cheers!

* bug#20393: cannot compile when one folder has spaces
@ 2019-10-09  3:35 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-10-09  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian; +Cc: Stephen Leake, 20393

Christian <cnngimenez@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, I found a problem when trying to compile using a project (gpj) file. Is
> easy to solve.
>
> The problem is that if you're at a directory with spaces, gnatmake will
> recieve two parameters instead of one.
>
> The solution is easy: The variable ada-build-make-cmd needs double quotes
> between the "{gpr_file}" substring:
> "${cross_prefix}gnatmake -P\"${gpr_file}\" -o ${main} ${main} ${gnatmake_opt} -
> cargs -I${src_dir} ${comp_opt} -bargs ${bind_opt} -largs ${link_opt}"

Stephen, could you take a look at this one?  I'm not familiar with
ada-mode -- does the ${} expansion quote the argument itself?  If not,
this seems like a logical solution, but will probably fail if the file
has a " character in the name.

* bug#20393: cannot compile when one folder has spaces
@ 2020-09-08 14:05   ` Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2020-09-08 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: Stephen Leake, 20393, Christian

> Christian <cnngimenez@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi, I found a problem when trying to compile using a project (gpj) file. Is
>> easy to solve.
>>
>> The problem is that if you're at a directory with spaces, gnatmake will
>> recieve two parameters instead of one.
>>
>> The solution is easy: The variable ada-build-make-cmd needs double quotes
>> between the "{gpr_file}" substring:
>> "${cross_prefix}gnatmake -P\"${gpr_file}\" -o ${main} ${main} ${gnatmake_opt} -
>> cargs -I${src_dir} ${comp_opt} -bargs ${bind_opt} -largs ${link_opt}"
>
> Stephen, could you take a look at this one?  I'm not familiar with
> ada-mode -- does the ${} expansion quote the argument itself?  If not,
> this seems like a logical solution, but will probably fail if the file
> has a " character in the name.

That was one year ago.  Any news here?

Thanks in advance.