Stefan Monnier writes: > I think it will require manual intervention on `elpa.gnu.org` but I'll > take care of that. Great! > Can we use "lisp/use-package/" (and maybe the use `:ignored-files` to > strip out `bind-keys.el` or maybe even move `bind-keys.el` outside of > the `use-package` subdirectory)? I think we could move bind-keys to lisp/emacs-lisp, if everybody agrees. > Also I suspect you need to add "doc/misc/use-package.texi" to `:core` in > order for the `:doc` to find the file. Have you tried the above recipe? You're right, it did not work without that addition. I've changed that in the attached, now fully tested patch. >> + ("use-package-ensure-system-package" >> + :core ("lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure-system-package.el")) > > Why do we need this as a separate package? Because it was like that on MELPA. I think we might as well not do that. The only nice thing I see is that it would stop `use-package' from depending on `system-packages'. But I don't think that's a big issue, and on the contrary doing that will make things simpler. > This will expect a global binary package to exist called @code{foo}. > > Should we use another name than "binary package"? In my part of the > world these things are usually called "executables" or "programs", > occasionally they're called "binaries" but I'd never heard them called > "binary packages". I hope I managed to improve that with commit a9037aa8e8, thanks.