all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>
To: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
Cc: Vitaly Ankh <vitalyankh@gmail.com>,
	theo@thornhill.no, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Please stop this (was: Re: Migrating to sourcehut - what's missing?)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 21:07:28 -0800	[thread overview]

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> I hope people will take a break before making further posts about this
> topic, at least until April next year,

That will not happen, as I'm sure you must understand.  It would be
completely counter-productive, and only serve to harm and obstruct
important ongoing work.

Moreover, I don't understand how Emacs would ever be successful if the
reply to volunteers coming here hoping to help should be "we discussed
this N months ago, go away".  Luckily, our policy is not that, but to
encourage and help them contribute in the most useful way.

> Nothing has changed since then, so unless you've already done the work
> required, please don't post replies like this.

Yes, something very significant has changed.  Two people have now agreed
to start working on this.

If you don't want to see this topic may I recommend using an email
client that allows you to filter threads you are not interested in?
Gnus is an excellent choice, or you could use procmail.