tags 51040 + patch thanks Lars Ingebrigtsen writes: > Yeah, having a separate function for this would be good, because those > bits are pretty confusing. But as you say, in this `format-prompt' > case, using `substitute-command-keys' is probably the right thing, since > we could be actually using key defs in the prompt. OK, so here's what I propose. The first patch adds a function `substitute-quotes' and could go to master, the second one changes `format-prompt' to use `substitute-command-keys' and could go to emacs-28.