Stefan Kangas writes: > It seems to be an issue with my environment. I've been using this for a > very long time: > > $ locale > LANG= So, I looked into all my locale stuff again, and it turns out that $LANG was unintentionally left unset here for boring reasons. (There is no reason to leave $LANG unset.) > One idea to improve the situation on our end is to look for "Can't > open affix or dictionary files for dictionary named 'default'." and > raise a better error in these cases. I think it's better to raise the more helpful error. How does the attached diff look?