Angelo Graziosi writes: >> > When I start Emacs clicking the icon on the task bar, its frame for less than a second is squared (its default size?) then assume the size following the above code. >> > >> > When it is squared, the frame title is still "emacs@myPC", only when it assume the final size it take the new frame title (buffer - GNU Emacs at ...) >> >> Yes, because the GUI frame initialization code writes the old string >> to the frame's title. See the initialization routines in the >> xterm.c/w32term.c etc. (for example, in xterm.c, look in x_term_init). >> >> Is that bad? given that we also momentarily flash the "wrong" >> dimensions of the frame? > > I don't know ... If the decision to change the frame title has been taken, one would expect that the old string goes away too, for coherence. After all, the old string just flashes. We might as well try to fix it up a bit. How does the attached patch look? Angelo, could you please help test it? (Untested on MS Windows.)