On 14 June 2017 at 18:29, Andreas Schwab wrote: > On Jun 14 2017, Elias Mårtenson wrote: > > > How will that help? I want the code to move point, and the problem is > that > > it does not move. ‘save-excursion’ simply ensures that point will not > move. > > But you are changing buffers. Correct. I want to change the position of point in a different buffer. If what I am seeing is correct behaviour, what is the correct way to move point in some buffer. Or more formally, how would you implement a function ‘goto-char-in-buffer (BUFFER POSITION) ’? Regards, Elias