On 27 February 2017 at 00:23, Philipp Stephani wrote: > > Elias MÃ¥rtenson schrieb am Fr., 10. Feb. 2017 um > 06:21 Uhr: > > Right now I simply call abort() if there is an error. Excessive, I know, >> but at least I know when there is a problem and the stack trace gives me >> all the answers I need. >> >> I'm not sure I should keep the abort() in the final version though. >> > > Probably not. You should either log (on stderr) and ignore the error, or > not call gss_release_name (or any other function that can fail) in a > finalizer. > Just like they Java counterpart, finalizers can't fail. There's also no > guarantee that they ever be called, or when they are called, so you > shouldn't use them to implement cleanup that has to be deterministic or can > fail. > Thank you. That seems reasonable, and I will do this. Regards, Elias