On 25 Jan 2016 23:51, "Eli Zaretskii" wrote: > > The challenge with this scheme is to come up with the way to add an > event to the Emacs event queue from another thread. Once the event is > in the queue, all the rest is simple. However, the event queue is not > currently designed to accept events from other threads. > > Maybe you should take a look at the concurrency branch. I did something similar in a different project, and I solved that by creating a pipe so that the main thread's event handler (which was blocking on a select() call) could be notified that the worker thread wanted to send a message to the main loop. Isn't Emacs doing something similar, and if so, couldn't the same mechanism be used? Regards, Elias