On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 at 01:12, Yuan Fu wrote: > > I guess he ran Emacs before checking out his .emacs.d, and Emacs created > .config/emacs. Then when he checked out his .emacs.d, it is not loaded. > This could confuse some people, for example, when someone installed emacs > and ran it once to make sure the install is successful. Adding a notice > when creating .config/emacs would be helpful. > This is exactly hat happened. I'm not concerned myself, I understand precisely what's going on. I'm concerned with new users who don't know this stuff yet. Regards, Elias