On 1 January 2017 at 06:04, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > > Richard Stallman writes: > > > However, I don't see any ethical issue about making and distributing > > Docker images of Emacs as long as we get the details right: for > > instance, use an endorsed free GNU/Linux distro. > > We could use Guix to generate the image contents from scratch, i.e. we > wouldn’t even have to use a “base image” (usually a minimal GNU/Linux > system). The idea is to export the package closure for the “emacs” > package from the Guix store (this includes all runtime dependencies) and > wrap up the files in a plain docker image. > Arguably there should be a fully free distribution that could be the base for more than just Emacs.