On 16 December 2015 at 23:48, Eli Zaretskii wrote: If your application needs that, you don't have to wait for this to be > supported in the core. It should be very easy to write Lisp code that > generated faces with specific colors using the emoji characters and > the variation selectors as the key. You should find the necessary > information here: I know this very well, but the application doesn't really *need* colour emoji per se, and I don't want to write code (and provide images) to work around this. All I was saying was that colour support would have immediate benefits to my application. I'd be happy to work on supporting this myself, but my previous attempts at doing something interesting with the graphics code has left me somewhat humbled by my failure.