On 10 February 2016 at 10:07, Drew Adams wrote: > > You seem to be trying to prove we can't do this for ALL the Unicode > > characters, but I never said we could do them all. Doing it for just > > some characters will be useful. > > I was kidding about emoji. > > (You might be confusing me with someone else who spoke against > your idea of ASCII representations.) > I know this can't be used in a summary screen containing more than one character, but how about drawing a bitmap version of the character? If you use a, say, 32×32 grid you can represent pretty much anything. I can envision this being a useful thing to include in the C-u C-x = output. At least this would allow a user on an ASCII terminal (or even one on a graphical terminal with incomplete fonts) to see what a character looks like.