all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* sync an emacs calendar with an android.
@ 2018-08-29  0:24 M.R.P.
From: M.R.P. @ 2018-08-29  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello I have a macbook with emacs installed I have a galaxy s8 android
phone how can I sync my emacs calender with my phone and preferably sync
them with an external connection like say a usb stick that i port from
phone to computer?

* Re: sync an emacs calendar with an android.
@ 2018-08-30 18:23 ` Bob Newell
From: Bob Newell @ 2018-08-30 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

There are various complex and wonderful ways to do this, and I do it
via a method that is even more complex and wonderful, but has the
advantage of being flawless. But it may not be what you want, if
you're intending to sync with your Android calendar app.

Install termux on your Android, then duplicate your Emacs environment.
It will take a day or so to tune everything up, but then you have
everything you need in virtually the exact form you have it on your
macbook. I use rsync to sync to/from a cloud service. You can sync to
a USB stick easily enough if you wish.

Everything I mention is free except for the rsync cloud service but if
you don't have a lot of stuff you can get that for free too via
strongspace.com.