all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Anand Tamariya <atamariya@gmail.com>
To: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs as a lightweight IDE (seeking volunteers)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 10:58:05 +0530	[thread overview]

> Before that, it might be helpful to post them in a branch for anyone who
> might want to take a look, to give a pre-review, so to speak.

It's available in gitlab branch
https://gitlab.com/atamariya/emacs/-/tree/dev . If you want it in some
other repo, can you provide me access to that repo?

Relatedly, while looking through your /compare/master...dev link, I
> noticed some questionable changes, though. Like some commented-out code,
> or checked in company-semantic.el (did you add some extra features to
> it?), or changes to a number of files in /progmodes/ (!). These should
> have to go, unless accompanied with real good justifications.

Changes to company-semantic.el will of course go into company package. It's
presently in my repo for my convenience. I've added some post-completion
and template changes (eg SQL).
Changes to some files (e.g. in progmodes) is the reason why I want atleast
couple of more users to test the functionality. I don't want to push some
changes that might have wide impact on the basis of my individual testing
alone. What if some existing functionality is breaking that I'm unaware of
(something that I don't use)?