On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 8:56 PM, Daniel Colascione wrote: > Inheriting an anonymous event feels a bit cleaner to me; you can provide > the HANDLE value in an environment variable or a command line parameter. > Failing that, the event name should at least contain "emacs" somewhere > so as to not confuse people browsing named object directories. It may seem cleaner in that the event doesn't leak into a shared namespace, but it requires significantly more code. Other handles may also get unnecessarily inherited as a result, and it would require yet more code to ensure they don't--it's difficult to ensure that it's doing exactly what you want. The named event method is much, much simpler. See for yourself; I've attached the patch written three ways: a named event (simple), an inherited event passed through the environment (a bit complicated), and an inherited event passed via the command line (pretty heinous). Also, I added multiple daemon support--after another look at the code, I saw no reason to not include it, though there's still one difference between the Windows and UNIX implementations: emacsclient can't provide a name to be used for the daemon when it's starting a new Emacs (but a user could provide one if they used emacs --daemon=foo). -- |v\ /\ |\ |< |_ /\ \^| //